Training Drivers in Towing, Transport and Recovery services
Drivers are the key to the success of our business. Their primary responsibilities are:
- The requirement to have significant skills and experience in the operation of their truck and any equipment that has to be loaded and transported,
- Adherence to processes and the ability to complete official documentation (with potential legal implications) as is required by a range of government departments, roadside assist organisation and mining support companies, and
- Customer service – Drivers are the face of the GTT business and as such, must accurately reflect the business in terms of presentation, capability, professionalism, values and service.
Prior to operating a tilt tray truck independently, all Drivers are required to undertake:
- Commercial Driver medical assessments including Drug & Alcohol screening,
- Hands on training alongside an experienced GTT Driver for as long as it takes to ensure that they meet all minimum, standards of operational capability including SWMS, JSEA and Take 5,
- Online training in fatigue management, and safe loading/restraint practices,
- A written competency test having become thoroughly familiar with the GTT;
- Driver Operational Training Manual which highlights the importance of safe OH&S practices,
- Driver Policies & Procedures Manual, and
- Code of Conduct Manual
All GTT Drivers are expected to undergo further training in the following;
- Customer inductions,
- Worksafe compliance in the operation of forklifts and EWP's, and
- Minesite inductions to all GTT customer mine sites in the greater Kalgoorlrie region.
To ensure GTT has total control over the behavior and performance of its Drivers;
- All GTT branded trucks are operated by GTT employees who are working on a permanent employee basis, and
- GTT does not allow subcontract arrangements whereby a tilt tray or tow truck and driver are able to operate under the GTT brand.
Conflict of Interest
Neither GTT, nor its employees or any associated company operates in accident repair industries. Neither the business nor any employee receives any form of retainer or commission from those sectors. As a result, we take your vehicle to the destination of your choice or that of your insurers without favour !
Workplace Health & Safety
At GTT we are committed to providing a workplace environment that enables our employees to achieve our vision of Zero Harm. We value the health and wellbeing of our employees, customers and the general public, therefore all employees are thoroughly trained in this area through a series of policies, empowerment, team work and accountability.
To protect all Parties as far as is practicable and to mitigate losses, GTT through Inproof Transport, Towing and Emergency Services carries insurance policies to cater for all foreseeable circumstances.
Certificates of Currency can be supplied on request
GTT is NOT A COMMON CARRIER
GTT recognises the benefits of being an employer of choice and continually works towards;
- Recognising and rewarding staff well,
- Investing in the learning and development of its people,
- Operating ethically and fairly at all times,
- Providing a family friendly workplace practices, and
- Ensuring Management is passionate and engaging to work with..
Heavy Vehicle Accreditation
GTT is a Main Roads WA accredited operator, as such all GTT vehicles are maintained to comply with strict guidelines and all GTT management and drivers adhere to the Code of Practice on fatigue management for commercial operators. Compliance is monitored by MRWA through annual audits.
GTT is conscious of the impact that the operation of trucks has on the environment and continually works towards lowering its footprint by;
- The operation of late model trucks with more fuel efficient engines,
- Ensuring regular service and maintenance and
- Acting on policies of reduce, reuse or recycle.
All transport activities and equipment handling is undertaken in a manner which recognises the collective responsibilities of all Parties in Chain of Responsibility legislation.